Welcome to Cowdenbeath F.C. - Contact Us

Previous Match
Next Match


Arbroath 0Cowdenbeath FC 0

Date: 5th December 2015 Kick off: 3:00pm
Competition: Ladbrokes League 1 Referee: Mr Craig Charleston
Venue: Gayfield Attendance:

(Abandoned after 20 minutes)
Saturday 5th December 2015. William Hill Scottish Cup Second Round.
Storm Desmond proved to be the only winner at Gayfield Park on Saturday afternoon as the game was brought to a halt with 20 minutes played due to the strong wind.
There were two changes to the side which had drawn the previous week with Pat Scullion and Chris Kane returning to the starting line- up and Liam Callaghan and Gordon Smith dropping to the bench, while Todd Lumsden kept the same Arbroath starting XI.
With five minutes gone Spence came close to breaking the deadlock but sent his shot just past the post.
Two minutes later the striker found himself in the referee’s book after a foul on keeper Fleming.
Miller then had two chances firstly sending the ball over the bar then in the 11th minute he saw a shot saved by the diving Fleming at the post.
In a rare Arbroath breakaway the home side could have taken the lead two minutes later when Rutherford found himself through on goal with only Sneddon to beat but he sent his shot over the bar.
Soon after referee Charleston consulted both managers and a few minutes later brought proceedings to a close.
TEAM: Jamie Sneddon, Fraser Kerr, Pat Scullion, Aldin El Zubaidi, Brad Donaldson, Chris Kane, Kenny Adamson, Dean Brett, Andy Murdoch, Kyle Miller & Greig Spence. Subs not used – Shaun Hunter, Declan Hughes, Jack Beaumont, Gordon Smith, Craig Johnston, Liam Callaghan & Mo Yaqub.
Booking: Spence (7).
ARBROATH: Allan Fleming, Craig Wilson, Jordan Lowdon, Ricky Little, Andy Munro, Mark Whatley, Bobby Linn, David Gold, Greg Rutherford, Craig Watson & Darren Ramsay. Subs not used – Calum Brodie, Martin Grehan, Jamie Clarke, Jamie Reid, Kieran McWalter & Kane Hester.

No gallery images are available for this match.

Cowdenbeath FC