Welcome to Cowdenbeath F.C. - Contact Us

Previous Match
Next Match

Stirling Albion

Stirling Albion 2Cowdenbeath FC 2

Date: 21st November 2009 Kick off: 3:00pm
Competition: Irn-Bru 2nd Division Referee: Frank McDermott
Venue: Forthbank Stadium Attendance: 682
Man of the Match:

A goal two minutes into added time from sub John Ferguson saw Cowden remain top of the table as we stretched our unbeaten run to eight games at a rainy Forthbank.

Given the rain which had fallen in the preceding 48 hours it was a credit to the Stirling ground staff that the top of the table clash went ahead.

The 178 travelling supporters arrived at the stadium with the shock news that Paul McQuade had picked up a knock in training the previous Thursday and was replaced in the line up by Scott McBride.

Mark Ramsay also dropped down to the bench with Brian Fairbairn coming back into the starting XI.

We opened the scoring after 11 minutes when Drouge fired in a cross from the right wing for Gareth WARDLAW to head past Christie from close range.

The home side saw new signing Prunty come close with a shot while Hay denied McCord while the on loan Dundee United youngster also shot over.

As the opening period drew to a close we were unlucky not to double our advantage when a poor clearance from Roycroft was picked up by Linton who crossed the ball to McBride who sent a low shot inches wide of the post.

The second period saw chances for both sides before a dramatic closing 15 minutes. Forsyth cleared a volley from Armstrong off the line while McBride was brought down in the box by McCord but our penalty claims were denied.

Hay then held a Prunty effort when he diverted a Young shot and soon after a last gasp tackle from Droudge denied Grehan.

The Binos were reduced to ten men when Grehan picked up a second yellow card afer 75 minutes and four minutes later grabbed an equaliser.

Winter fouled O’Brien in the box and Ross FORSYTH slotted home the resultant spot kick.

With three minutes to go former Cowden loanee David McKENNA, who had replaced McCord, put the home side in front with a lob over Hay.

As the game drew to a close Linton fired over the bar and Winter past the post as we looked to salvage a point.

Deep into injury time Stein sent over a cross which was met by John FERGUSONand the youngster fired home his first goal of the season from close range.

To follow.

No gallery images are available for this match.

Cowdenbeath FC