Welcome to Cowdenbeath F.C. - Contact Us

Previous Match
Next Match

Cowdenbeath FC

Cowdenbeath FC 3Raith Rovers 4

Date: 17th August 2013 Kick off: 3:00pm
Competition: Irn-Bru 1st Division Referee: Mr George Salmond
Venue: Central Park Attendance: 837

Two penalties from Greig Spence in the closing nine minutes saw the Rovers come from behind to take all three points and left us at the foot of the Championship table.

There were two changes to the side which had went down to Morton with Jamie Stevenson and Greg Stewart returning to the line- up.
Thomas O’Brien dropped out of the side due to suspension while Andrew Russell dropped to the bench.
The visitors opened the scoring in a dramatic afternoon after just three minutes. A Hemmings shot on the visiting goal was cleared from the edge of the box and eventually fell to Greig Spence whose first attempt was blocked by Adam but the striker managed to slot home the rebound.
It however only took us six minutes to get back on level terms. After a Stevenson free kick was deflected for a corner by McGurn Jordan Morton picked up the short flag kick and fired through a packed box from 18 yards.
Soon after, both Hemmings and Stewart came close to giving us the lead with McGurn coming to the rescue for the visitors.
At the other end Cardle set up Spence but Adam managed to smother his shot, then from a Cardle corner Moon sent a shot over the bar.
The visitors however regained the lead in 26 minutes when Adam failed to punch a throw in clear and Joe Cardle was on hand to slot the ball home.
The keeper however did well to block a close range Cardle effort with his legs then he denied Spence once more.
Two minutes from the break we got back on level terms in spectacular fashion when Kenny Adamson picked up a ball from Hemmings and unleashed a 20 yard half volley past the stranded McGurn.
Then in a dramatic end to the first half Booth fired in a low 25 yard shot which bounced off the post.
Keeper Adam almost turned goal scorer in the second half when his long free kick from his own half just went past the Rover post.
However we did take the lead in 65 minutes when Greg Stewart met a Hemmings cross to drill the ball home from close range.
With nine minutes to go Raith got an equaliser from the penalty spot after Miller was judged to having brought down Thomson in the box Greig Spence slotted home.
Soon after Hemmings sent a shot just past the post as we looked to restore our lead but with four minutes of injury time played Spence completed his hat trick from the spot after Adam brought down Smith in the box and after the keeper was red carded Spence fired the ball past sub Flynn.

No gallery images are available for this match.

Raith Rovers