Welcome to Cowdenbeath F.C. - Contact Us

Previous Match
Next Match

Greenock Morton

Greenock Morton 2Cowdenbeath FC 0

Date: 10th August 2013 Kick off: 3:00pm
Competition: Irn-Bru 1st Division Referee: Euan Norris
Venue: Cappielow Attendance: 1817

Despite a bright opening a Cappielow goals in either half gave the home side the three points which saw them end the day top of the table.

There were two changes to the side which had easily won at Berwick the previous week with Thomas O’Brien and Nat Wedderburn returning to the line -up after their injuries while David Cowan and Colin Cameron dropped out.

In just four minutes we had claims for a penalty waived aside after McKenzie appeared to be bundled off the ball in the home box.

Soon after Hemmings saw a shot go wide while at the other end Campbell was also off target.

Imrie then set up Campbell for the Tons first meaningful effort however the former Cowden man sent his effort wide of the post.

Hands then tried his luck with a dipping 30 yard effort which was held by Adam.

Cowden’s reply saw good move from Russell and Hemmings saw the later have a shot which was held by keeper Gaston.

O’Brien then sent a shot past the post following a Morton corner but it was the home side who took the lead after 26 minutes when Imrie fed the ball to Reece Hands 30 yards out and he hit a curling shot which Adam could only palm into the back of the net.

Imrie then once again set up Campbell inside the box but the little strikers shot was off target.

As the first half wound down Hemmings had another assault on the home goal but his effort was deflected for a corner.

Five minutes into the second half McKenzie sent over an inviting cross to Miller which went off target.

On the hour mark the home side almost doubled their advantage when McNeil fed McKee inside the box but his low shot went inches wide of the target.

McLaughlin then headed inches wide before the home side eventually got the second killer goal in 65 minutes when Imrie slipped the ball through to Archie Campbell who drilled the ball into the corner of the net.

Five minutes later Stewart, who had replaced Russell, almost pulled a goal back with a shot from the edge of the box which was well saved by Gaston.

With two minutes to go we were reduced to ten men when O’Brien, who had been booked for a foul on Cham, picked up a second yellow card after fouling McNeil.

No gallery images are available for this match.

Cowdenbeath FC