Welcome to Cowdenbeath F.C. - Contact Us

Previous Match
Next Match

Cowdenbeath FC

Cowdenbeath FC 3Albion Rovers 0

Date: 14th February 2012 Kick off: 7:45pm
Competition: Irn-Bru 2nd Division Referee: Stevie O'Reilly
Venue: Central Park Attendance: 302

Lewis Coult took his goal tally to five in four days as we stretched our lead at the top of the table to four points after Arbroath could only draw at Brechin.
There was one enforced change to the side which had beaten Stirling Albion with Dean Brett replacing the injured David Cowan.
A blistering first half performance secured the vital three points with the three goals coming in a 14 minute period.
We were in charge from the first whistle and in nine minutes took the lead. Brett and McKenzie worked a one-two out on the right and Brett's pass sent Robertson scurrying into the Rovers' box and his pass was blasted home by Lewis Coult from six yards.
Albion threatened in 18 minutes when Boyle's cross found Stevenson and his 12 yard finish rolled just wide.
But two minutes later Cowden doubled their lead. Robertson was again the provider, with a lovely pass which sent Marc McKenzie clear and his fierce 13 yarder gave Fahey no chance.
Rovers were under the cosh and in 24 minutes Ramsay's fierce shot was deflected for a corner. From McKenzie's set piece delivery Lewis Coult rose to head strongly into the net.
Albion looked shell-shocked and were under pressure for periods but R McStay lifted their gloom in 37 minutes with a 30 yarder which went just wide but Fisher ended a good home move with an 18 yarder which Fahey was happy to see go off target.
The second-half saw Albion open well and McKay twice threatened with good crosses, the second of which Flynn had to punch clear with Gemmell threatening.
In 52 minutes Robertson took McKenzie's pass and saw his left foot shot go past the post and then a corner from substitute Cusack saw Armstrong head just over.
To their credit Albion were attacking as often as they could and Gemmell took a slack pass from sub Stewart and ran clear only to see Flynn pull off a great diving save.
Then with three minutes left Canning hit the home bar but it was simply not their night.
O’Byrne of the visitors picked up the only booking of the night.

No gallery images are available for this match.

Albion Rovers