Welcome to Cowdenbeath F.C. - Contact Us

Previous Match
Next Match


Arbroath 1Cowdenbeath FC 1

Date: 18th February 2012 Kick off: 3:00pm
Competition: Irn-Bru 2nd Division Referee: Des Roache
Venue: Gayfield Attendance: 1125
Man of the Match:

The third clash of the top two once again ended in a draw after a dramatic 90 minutes at Gayfield Park which drew the biggest league crowd of the season to the Angus ground.
Colin Cameron fielded an unchanged side from the one which swept Albion Rovers away the previous midweek but was handed a blow after just three minutes when Joe Mbu had to leave the field with a groin injury.
The Red Lichties enjoyed a lot of possession during the first 45 minutes with the strong wind at their backs but sides had their chances to break the deadlock.
With 14 minutes gone we had a penalty claim waived aside when Ramsay appeared to be fouled by Wedderburn, while Linton who had replaced Mbu saw a shot go just over the bar.
In reply Samuel just failed to connect with a Sawnkie cross while in a good position, while Kerr shot past the post from the edge of the box.
The home side however took the lead three minutes from the interval when Swankie floated a free kick into the box which was slotted home by Chris Innes on his home debut.
The second half opened with us pressing for an equaliser and we were rewarded on the hour mark when Marc McKenzie got his third goal of the week when he broke clear of the Lichties defence to round Hill and slot the ball home.
The drama continued and with 17 minutes to go we were reduced to ten men when Linton was red carded for a foul on former Central Parker Sibanda.
Both sides had their chances to claim a win with Wedderburn of the home side missing the best opportunity in the final minute when he blasted his shot high over the bar from 10 yards.
As well as Linton’s red card both Brett and Coult were booked along with Swankie and Innes of the home side.

No gallery images are available for this match.

Cowdenbeath FC