Welcome to Cowdenbeath F.C. - Contact Us

Previous Match
Next Match

Forfar Athletic

Forfar Athletic 1Cowdenbeath FC 0

Date: 21st January 2012 Kick off: 3:00pm
Competition: Irn-Bru 2nd Division Referee: Steven Finnie
Venue: Station Park Attendance: 475
Man of the Match:

A goal from Nicky Low on the stroke of half time was enough to end our eight game unbeaten run in the league at a blustery Station Park.

Ironically our last league defeat had come on a visit to Angus when we went down to a similar score at near by Brechin at the end of October.

We made one change for the fixture against the division's bottom side before kick-off, with Scott Linton in for Kenny Adamson, and made a positive opening with Cusack sending in a curling shot from the edge of the box which McCallum palmed away.

Forfar started to win some good possession and in 18 minutes Nicky Low found space and his shot hit a post.

Coult's height and trickery posed problems for the Loons and he tested McCallum with a low shot before Linton's corner saw Armstrong head over.

The Loons worked hard in the midfield area and Chris Templeman's shot had Flynn on the alert.

Ramsay was subbed by Lyle in 36 minutes and still Cowden looked more likely to score but in 44 minutes the home side took the lead.

Debutant Coyne's cross was gathered by Nicky Low and his 18 yarder flew into the bottom corner. We opened the second-half on the attack and in 49 minutes Coult's clever work saw him beat McCallum but somehow Shaughnessy popped up on the line to clear.

Then McKenzie's shot looked to be net bound but the Forfar defender again saved his side with a brave clearance.

Coult's controlled looping header beat McCallum but drifted inches over then Stewart, on for Cusack, took advantage of a Hegarty mistake but when well placed he delayed his shot and was crowded out by Loons' defenders.

Next to have a go was Lyle, who had plenty of time to measure his shot in the middle of the Forfar box, but he fired wildly over.

Forfar weathered the storm and defended more solidly as the game went into its closing stages.

Cowden kept working away and Stewart and Coult both tested McCallum while at the other end it took good work by Flynn to keep Templeman out before the 'keeper had to look sharp to stop a Kevin Byers effort.

We kept on battling but simply it was not our day in front of goal.

No gallery images are available for this match.

Cowdenbeath FC