Welcome to Cowdenbeath F.C. - Contact Us

Previous Match
Next Match

Cowdenbeath FC

Cowdenbeath FC 4East Fife 0

Date: 2nd January 2012 Kick off: 3:00pm
Competition: Irn-Bru 2nd Division Referee: Brian Colvin
Venue: Central Park Attendance: 684
Man of the Match: Marc McKenzie

A third league derby win got 2012 off to a perfect start as we moved six points clear of Arbroath who went down to a last gasp goal at Dumbarton.

Colin Cameron kept the same starting line up which had beaten Stenhousemuir the previous week although Kenny Adamson returned to the bench at the expense of Dean Brett following his suspension.

East Fife had a chance in the fourth minute when Linn's corner deceived Flynn and Wallace saw his shot kicked off the line by Linton.

We however opened the scoring in style after ten minutes when Jordan Morton signed off his loan spell with his sixth goal of the season.

The move was set up by Morton himself turning on the halfway line he switched a diagonal pass to McKenzie and the who ran down the wing to cut the ball back to Morton who unleashed a powerful shot into the top corner of the net from 30 yards.

In 17 minutes we had another chance when Linton's corner was knocked down to John Armstrong and his 14 yard shot was blocked on the line by Durie.

Despite wind advantage East Fife struggled to put pressure on the home defence but on the half hour Cook's cross was nodded on by Ogelby and Linn's low shot was held by Flynn.

We however finished the half well and Linton, McKenzie and Ramsay went close to increasing the lead with well placed shots following excellent leading up work.

We opened the second-half on the attack and in 49 minutes Ramsay's corner was finger-tipped over by Ridgers before at the other end, Linn's 20 yarder went just over the bar.

On the hour we went two up. Ramsay's corner was not properly cleared and Colin Cameron's 30 yarder hit Ovenstone which completely wrong-footed Ridgers.

Stewart then went close but at the other end Flynn had to be on the alert to deny Wallace.

With 16 minutes left on the clock we wrapped up the points. McKenzie's pass set up Mark Ramsay who cleverly skipped past Campbell before firing the ball wide of Ridgers from 10 yards range.

Six minutes later Ramsay's 20 yarder forced a brilliant diving save from the East Fife keeper but in time added on he was left helpless, Ramsay's corner fell to Marc McKENZIE and the little winger blasted the ball into the net to complete a great day.

No gallery images are available for this match.

East Fife