Welcome to Cowdenbeath F.C. - Contact Us

Previous Match
Next Match

Cowdenbeath FC

Cowdenbeath FC 3Brechin City 1

Date: 13th August 2011 Kick off: 4:00pm
Competition: Irn-Bru 2nd Division Referee: John Beaton
Venue: Central Park Attendance: 308
Man of the Match:

Second half goals from Marc McKenzie and Jordan Morton saw Colin Cameron seal his first competitive win as a manager as we moved into second place in the table behind early pace setters Stirling Albion.

There were two changes to the side which had drawn at Forfar with McKenzie starting in place of Morton while Lewis Coult, who had done well after replacing the injured Greg Stewart, retained his place.

We started the game strongly and tried our luck with two shots on the City goal from distance, firstly a 25 yard effort from Coult brought out a fine diving save from the Nelson then a 20 yard shot from Ramsay drifted over the bar.

The deadlock was eventually broken after 12 minutes when Linton sent in a cross from the left and Mark Ramsay nipped in front of McLaughlan to steer the ball high into the net for his fourth goal of the campaign.

This proved to be our top scorer’s last involvement in the game as he was injured in the process and was carried of the field by a stretcher and replaced by Winter.

Adamson tried his luck from 30 yards and Nelson did well to tip the ball over the bar and with half an hour gone we should have doubled our advantage when McKenzie cut the ball back for Robertson, who with only Nelson beat shot wide from 10 yards.

Ten minutes from the break City grabbed an equaliser when Garry Brady fired a 20 yard shot high into the home net. As the opening period drew to a close the visitors almost snatched a lead when McKenna hooked a right footed shot off the post.

The second period opened with Mbu being replaced by Morton as Cameron reshuffled his side.

We restored our lead in 67 minutes when Marc McKenzie picked up on a loose ball and held off Dunlop to curl a left foot shot low into the net.

Soon after McKenzie had a good claim for a penalty when his shirt was grabbed by a City defender but a third goal eventually came in 80 minutes.

Jordan Morton picked up on a slack clearance 35 yards out and moved forward before unleashing a powerful shot high into the top corner of the net.

No gallery images are available for this match.

Brechin City