Welcome to Cowdenbeath F.C. - Contact Us

Previous Match
Next Match


QOS 3Cowdenbeath FC 0

Date: 13th November 2010 Kick off: 3:00pm
Competition: Irn-Bru 1st Division Referee: Steve Conroy
Venue: Palmerston Attendance: 1782
Man of the Match: Brian Fairbairn

After the previous weeks high scoring win over Stirling we were brought back down to earth as Queen’s recorded their second win of the season over us on our trip to Palmerston.

There were two changes to the starting line up from the previous week with Dean Brett taking over from the injured Mark Baxter and Brian Fairbairn was rewarded for a good second half performance against the Binos with a place in the starting line up while Richard Vauls dropped to the bench.

The hosts had beaten league leaders Raith Rovers and were looking for another Fife scalp and Hay had to pull off a good save from McMenamin and soon after one time Cowden loanee Holmes shot wide.

With 20 minutes gone the home side broke the deadlock in unfortunate circumstances for Cowden a lob from McLaren reached Paul Burns and the advancing Hay slipped to allow the Queen’s man to slot the ball into the empty net.

Soon after McMenamin saw a shot blocked by the Cowden custodians legs while at the other end Fairbain sent in a 30 yard free kick which went wide of the target.

However it was the home side who added to the scoring eleven minutes from the interval when a weak clearance from the Cowden defence was latched onto by Ryan Conroy who blasted home a volley into the top corner.

McKenzie replaced Miller at the interval and although we had more possession in the second period saw scoring opportunities few and far between although Cameron set up Fairbairn who saw his shot deflected and Hutton had to tip the ball over his crossbar.

Just short of the hour mark our injury list grew even longer when Ramsay had to be carried off with an ankle injury

Fairbairn had another crack at goal with a free kick which was saved by Hutton but it was the home side that completed the scoring 11 minutes from time a clearance Hay went straight to Willie McLaren who lobbed the ball home.

No gallery images are available for this match.

Cowdenbeath FC