Welcome to Cowdenbeath F.C. - Contact Us

Previous Match
Next Match

Cowdenbeath FC

Cowdenbeath FC 5Stirling Albion 1

Date: 6th November 2010 Kick off: 1:30pm
Competition: Irn-Bru 1st Division Referee: Frank McDermott
Venue: Central Park Attendance: 507
Man of the Match:

After the lack of excitement at Firhill the previous Saturday there was more than enough to make up for it in the battle of the part time sides.

Jimmy Nicholl rung the changes after losing to Partick Thistle and brought in youngsters Richard Vauls and Kyle Miller for the debuts while Greg Stewart got his first start of the season after appearing in most games from the bench.

It was the visitors however who looked the liveliest of the sides in the opening stages with Gibson repeatedly causing us problems.

Stirling opened the scoring after just eight minutes with Gibson sending over a cross for Gordon Smith to head past Hay from ten yards.

Albion continued to press but the tide turned after 17 minutes when a corner from Linton was headed into his own net by defender Brian Allison whilst under pressure from Old.

Things then got worse for the former Falkirk defender six minutes later when he brought down Linton as the younger raced in on goal after a fine pass from Cameron and referee McDermott produced the first red card of the afternoon.

Three minutes later Cowden took the lead when a long pass from Old caught out the Binos defence and Greg Stewart had time to cleverly lob the ball over the advancing Reidford.

As the first half wore on we were now dominating the game and seven minutes from the interval a Dempster header hit Kane and wrong footed Reidford but the keeper managed to throw himself across the line to save.

Brian Fairbairn replaced Vauls at the interval and was quickly into the action and from his cross in 53 minutes the ball was nodded across the face of the goal by Stewart for Mark Ramsay to slide in and score from six yards.

Two minutes later Reidford bravely dived to save at Fairbairn’s feet but took a knock and was replaced by Christie who was immediately called into action to save a fierce shot from Miller.

With 20 minutes to go the visitors were reduced to nine men when Ryan Borris chopped down Ramsay on the edge of the box. From the resulting free kick Brian Fairbairn sent a curling free kick over the defensive wall and into the net.

With nine minutes to go the rout was completed when sub Ferguson sent over a great ball from the right for Kyle Miller to race in to fire home his first senior goal.

No gallery images are available for this match.

Stirling Albion